Sep 13, 2017

Fair in Perissa


The church of the Holy Cross is one of the largest churches of Santorini, situated in the square of Perissa. The original church was built in 1835-1840 and was the only building in the area until 1950. It was destroyed by the big earthquake in 1956 but was later rebuilt.
One of the biggest fairs of the island is therefore held tomorrow morning. The blue dome church is already decorated with colourful flags. After the morning service, free food and plenty of wine will be distributed to the people in the beautiful courtyard of the church which is full of flowers and basils, while music and dance will follow until noon!